Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Off Axis Optics

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Yusuke Katayama on April 30, 2000 16:54:03 UTC

I am very much interested in observing details of Jupiter and the Moon. So I am now thinking about building off axis newtonian telescope because I want the sharpest view, but don`t want to bring about very large diameter reflector telescope with off axis mask nor to pay much money for good refractor. Are there any better ideas?

As for off axis mirror, I am wondering how to make the mirror myself. Do I have to cut the larger mirror in a few pieces after grinding it without any stress??? It sounds too difficult for me. Does anybody know any other ways to make off axis mirror?

My other options is to use normal newtonian mirror with very long focal length (say f10? or more)or to buy off axis mirror from DGM Optics.
Does any body tries DGM Optics? Is the view through DGM superior to any other newtonian with similar size and comparable to that of good refractor?

Any comments about off axis optics are appreciated.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins