Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: Walt Hamler And Telescopes:

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Walt Hamler on March 22, 2000 14:07:18 UTC

Actually, yes I am! I was in the Navy back then (retired now) stationed at Pt. Mugu with Operation Deep Freeze. I gave a paper on astrophotography results with my 8" newtonians I believe. That was a great time! I long for the clear skies of So. CA again, but the seeing here has been great the past couple days.
I`ll add to the comments made on the star test question. Have been able to perform the tests mentioned already on my just finished 10". I am VERY pleased. The ronchi test with only 2 bands showing from a 100 line grid are perfectly straight and no turned edge! The airy disks are essentially the same in and out of focus, and very sharp. I was even able to see Sirius B last night. Jupiters moons showed a disk appearance at 200 power, no mistaking them! I am looking forward to some clear steady nights. Getting it coated at Spectrum in a day or so! Found them on the web and they are less than 30 miles from here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins