Back to Home

ATM Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Amateur Telescope Making | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
RE: RE: Re: AC Motor Speed Control

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Stephen Campbell on March 7, 2000 09:58:13 UTC

Hi Cly: i think now,after reading all the responses i got on ac motor control that the best way to go would be a system of pulleys, most ac motors run at around 1700 rpm,some at 1140,i have been thinking of using a 10:1 gear reducer,coupled to the motor shaft, that way i could use smaller diameter pulleys,which means less cost and smaller size machine,i have a basic design for a grinder/polisher,using n=D(N)/d,where n=rpm,D=driver pulley,N=drive motor rpm,d=driven pulley diameter. i came to the conclusion that when using a 1725rpm washing machine motor you need two 14" pulleys,a 1" and 3" pulley on the motor and first 14" pulley,that way by chang ing belts from one pulley to another you can get 10rpm and 92rpm. stevec.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins