Back to Home

Astrophotography Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Astrophotography | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Instructions For Wedge

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Jake Rogers on August 22, 2003 02:16:31 UTC

I expect Dan will post a long answer to the question with several PS's, but I welcome help from anybody.

I have recently purchased a Meade SuperWedge for my 10" LX200 GPS. I want to start some longer exposures and simply looking at objects at zenith. I have installed it correctly and have the correct magnetic dec. My problem is when I try to align the scope through the Autostar II. I know basically how it should work but the instructions confuse me. Things like when the Autostar tells me to put the scope in "Polar Home position (See manual)" and I look in the manual and find nothing on Polar Home position. I would like, if it is not too much to ask, for someone to post a step-by-step method for aligning the scope. I probably could find this if I seach the internet for a while, but as I know Dan has the same scope with the same wedge, and is an overall nice and helpful guy, I figured I would ask here. I thank you in advance for any help you can give.
Jake

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins