Back to Home

XEphem Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | XEphem Ephemeris Software Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Celestron NexStar Compatibility

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by J Norment on August 27, 2004 15:52:15 UTC

First and foremost, this program far exceeds what I ever expected to find. Every time I would think that I'd just about covered it all, I'd find a new feature. (The manual is, after all, about 100 pages long.) Thanks for such an awesome open source program!

In March of 2003, someone inquired about the compatibility of Celestron NexStar scopes interfacing with the program. The answer was that compatibility was expected in the next release (3.6.x) ...

I didn't really see any mention of Celestron scopes, which, as far as I know don't use a standard way, but a proprietary way of controlling their scope. -- I could be dead wrong about this. Is this scope supported now?

-- I did look on Celestron's site. Didn't see any information about how to control their scope other than buy their software -- which was what I had expected.

-- Again, thanks -- for the great software, and for an eventual answer!

-- J.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins