Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
UFO's And Astronomers.. Loaded Question

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bobby Magee on October 23, 2003 16:44:19 UTC

As a backyard Astronomer myself, I have been interested in the UFO phenom for a while off and on. Sometimes I start thinking about all the stars in the sky and let my mind go on a walkabout. :) Then I look at the distances and start to think... hmmm... Only way for that would work would be Worm Holes. Then.... Nah!!!....

It is a complex topic to say the least. But back to your original post.

I think that all of us Astronomers would like to get a look at something floating in space and be able to identify it as a manufactured object to confirm what most of us believe. That there is life out there. As for us being the Interchange of the Universe for all these Aliens coming here on their way to other parts of the Universe, I have to agree that it just seems a little to far fetched.

Another thing would be that yes something like that does fly way to fast for us to see anything, unless it is hovering. But looking at most pictures of those fuzzy lights in the sky, I would say that most of us Astronomers, already know where Plane Flight paths are and know that something that is moving slowly and looks like it is dropping down to the ground is most likely a plane close to some airport. And most of us wouldn't just zoom in on an object to make us dizzy with all the bouncing our hearts would put into the shaky hands video. Zooming out to have somethng of reference and having your Video on a stable tripod would make me more of a believer. But once again, even with all of our high tech equipment these days, not even the best digital cameras are taking any shots. We just get shown 20-40 year old photos of things that people claim are UFO's. Come on... In todays day an age, there should be clear evidence of new UFO shots that are clear and crisp for all of us to see.

Sorry got off the topic. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins