Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Any Idea What I Might Have Seen?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Michael Robbins on September 17, 2003 16:12:49 UTC

I live about 60 miles south of Tampa. I took my dog out this morning around 6am. I was surveying the sky like I do every morning focusing on the area surrounding what I believe was Capella. I witnessed a bright flash in between Capella and Saturn that looked similar to the white flashing light on an airplane. There were no red and green running lights on the object so I don’t believe it was an aircraft. It only flashed one time then stopped not continuously like an aircraft would do. I continued to look in the area and about 45 to 60 seconds later, it appeared again. This time it had moved 10 to 15 degrees to the Northeast. Again it flashed one time and stopped. About 45 to 60 seconds later, it appeared again another 10 degrees or so further to the Northeast. I did not see it again after this. I have heard mention of Iridium flares before but I don’t think I have ever seen one but maybe I did this morning. I was under the impression that Iridium flares only appeared once then that was it. This appeared 3 times with a fair amount of regularity. Does anyone have any idea what I might have seen?

Thanks,
Michael

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins