Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Errors In Perception

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Russell A. Hopkins on March 20, 2002 00:56:55 UTC

To the extent that UFO means an extraterrestrial visitor of earth:
there are no UFOs;
there never were any UFOs
and there never will be UFOs.

They come from people's imaginations. I saw some once. I looked outside early one morning (still dark) and saw two intensely bright lights on the horizon parrallel to each other. One was brighter than the other. At first I supposed they were aircraft since the airport is nearby. It became evident that neither were moving. No FAA lights either. I was baffled. Resorting to binoculars made me feel like an idiot. The brighter one appeared as a tiny crescent and the other as a dot with really tiny dots lined-up next to it: Venus and Jupiter. I am an amatuer astronomer and had I been more awake, I would have expected to see those objects on the horizon.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins