Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Sure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by L Madia on February 22, 2002 07:32:58 UTC

I have consistantly said it is my belief. You can of course believe what you want. I for one do not trust what has been taught for years in schools around the world. For one thing, it is to the scientific comunities economic advantage to publicly state they believe there is life on other planets. For another, I have too often seen and read how mankind's so called knowledge failed them. What has been at one time been taught as fact is now untrue. Men make mistakes.

The numbers theory does not move me as I have said before it is built on faulty logic. If you know a bookie ask him or her. They would not take a bet on any event that they could not estimate the odds for or against. Since we do not know if life is unique, than how can we asign odds to or for it's formation.

It is possible we are alone. Why is that so hard to believe?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins