Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Hmmm......

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Adam on August 30, 2001 02:45:09 UTC

I would first of all like to say that I agree with jamin. You jump too quickly to conclusions. While this object that David saw may have been mysterious, I find it much, much more likely that this was some sort of military aircraft. Cover up it may be, but an alien one, almost certainly not.
Don't get me wrong, I definately believe in aliens, but the chances of us ever coming in contact with them, given how immense this galaxy alone actually is, is doubtful.
The entire thing about alien aircraft at area 51 was a government hoax. They were researching stealth fliers to spy on Russia, and they suspended the belief of aliens to keep what they were really doing a secret.
The problem with the belief that the government is covering up alien landings is the amount of effort that would actually have to go in to a coverup. You are assuming quite a few things...

1. The aliens would land in the U.S.A.

2. No non-affiliated observatories would pick up some kind of light or something when the aliens came through the atmosphere.

3. The government would be able to prevent anyone from getting any conclusive footage ever.

4. The aliens are always cloaked in mystery, staying just on the edge of being seen. Never trying to make actual contact, but rather "abducting" people.

That's pretty much all I wanted to say.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins