Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Here's What I Think

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on August 1, 2001 12:48:00 UTC

If the Government or NASA knows what they are, and more than likely it's a secret weapon or experiment or something that's a big Govt secret, spoon feeding the public a little UFO scare throws them off the track. The general public eats that stuff up. Nobody will look in the right direction. For example, tell a 2 year old child there's a huge purple Pokka-dot dragon around the corner to the left. He'll never look to the right and find his Christmas presents. That's the mentality of the general public. If NASA don't know what they are, again feeding the general public a UFO story helps avoid trying to explain a natural phenomenon or hoax. They are expected to figure every thing out, their NASA, who has time for that, it's not that important. The general public is very happy with UFO and every one goes along their merry way and the public has something to argue about. And the public just loves to argue about stuff nobody can prove. Another recent example, the lights over N.J. last week. Wish I had seen that. Everyone is yelling UFO. Get bent! There 2 or 3 guys with a powerful laser that can project a spot on the sky just laughing their asses off somewhere. But everyone can believe what they want. I for one am not impressed with the antics of college students or little rich kids. I am impressed with the fireball seen during the day over Penn, N.J. and a few other states. This is what we should be worried about. Finding and tracking Near Earth Asteroids. Currently their looking for the big ones, 1 mile or bigger and that progress is slow. Where's the funding, smaller ones can knock out a whole city. Everyone thinks we can just blow it out the sky. Ha! It's not so easy. We should try one and find out. Where's the funding for that!
Your right by the way, they put it writing, UFO sighted. So it must true, and the public goes wild, just what they want. This is of course, just my theory, I have no proof. Who would believe me anyway, no UFO's, impossible, right!
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins