Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Like It Or Not An Opinion

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Al Gobeo on February 18, 2001 04:27:18 UTC

I'm an absolute ignoramus when it comes to analyzing aerial photograph. I'm just not qualified. But I am going to give you my analysis anyway.

I’m looking at a printout of ten pictures. Four pictures across followed by two then four pictures below. The first picture gives a reference for what is 300 meters. I will refer to these pictures as 1 to 10. Also I’m going to assume that the “300 meter” scale applies to all pictures. Please let me know if this assumption is right.

#1. I have no idea what the formation is in this picture. Using a magnifying glass the very bright areas could be some kind of natural formation yet is it intriguing and might be artificial.

On a scale of 1 to 10, ten being defiantly artificial, I will give this picture a 4.

#2. This defiantly looks like an artificial object. It measures 400 meters wide by 600 meters long. That would make it about 1,312 feet wide 1,968.5 feet long. This could be some kind of structure for a shelter or something like the Huston Astrodome. Maybe a space vehicle though I would not bet on it.

I rate this picture a 9, I would give this picture a 10 but there’s a slim chance that this could be a formation of frozen water.

#3. Here we have something like a building casting a shadow about more then 300 meters long. I’m not an expert as to what angle the sun is what this photo was taken so there no real guess I can take on how high the structure really is. Then again it could be a ground formation in the shape of a V.

I rate this picture as a 7.

#4. I’m not sure what I should be looking for in this picture. I don’t see anything that looks artificial.

#5. This also looks like an artificial structure. This could be a building complex. Straight lines, arches and angles with square rooftops.

I give this picture a “Thumb Up” a score of 10.

#6. I been in Airplanes over the ocean, that what this looks like to me.

I’m not sure how to score this since it looks just water from above.

#7 No matter how hard I try I can get my imagination to see anything here.

I rate this a 2.

#8 First I think of another Martian face, but that just doesn’t fly. I just don’t feel this is artificial. I would be willing to bet that pictures of the Grand Canyon from space depending on the time of day could form a face or an even something looking like man made.

I rate this picture a 3

#9 this picture looks like a huge wave of water that was instantly frozen.

No rating on this one.

#10 I can’t see anything here to get even excited about.

I rate this as a 1.

Now Mr. Tripp, help educate all us amateurs, please tell us how to look at these pictures so we can see what you see.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins