Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Prescription: Self Medicate And Hide In Closet To Avoid Reality

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tripp McCann on February 17, 2001 00:50:30 UTC

I was not taking advantage of those physically challenged.. i was merely pointing out a major discrepancy in your approach. And for the record.. i am not ONE who believes in the mass tyranny of "Politically Correct" thought. I value my civil liberties for whom my forfathers gave their lives, and would defend the right of a K.K.K. member to voice his beliefs unhindered just as i would you to voice your unquestioned *Faith* in "God" -- albeit blind faith.

I spent my LIFE belieiving in God.and have read the bible since youth as both a religeous text and later as a literary referrance for literature and poetry.. and now.. in my adult hod you might be SURPRISED that I have an overwhelming fath the the Truth of the Bible and the events it describes.

However, I do not believe that "God" whom we saw there was THE God who is the sole being to have created the Heavens and Earth. If the god of the bible were only *ONE* being, then he would be schizophrenic. However even the bible itself uses the term "Elohim" which is a PLURAL form of a recognition of elevated beings.

What we have been givien are passed on stories havily altered by the prejudices, inclinations and limited grasp of not just one man, but many *MEN*...and even the bible itself was heavily edited by the Council Of Nicea in 3 A.D. removing major amounts of text and the Catholic church itself has long had the Wirtings of Thomas, yes one of the deciples and who knew Jesus well.. under lock and key and forbids anyone to read it ..at all.. EVER.

Even you yourself .. as a "Believer" in God.. must surely recognize that GIVEN what is told us and if a portion of it is true, then certainly MUCH MUCH more was going on in those times than we can *grasp* yet... certainly those beings descibed have much more to their natures than is shared with us in biblical text. There was much more going on than we understand now.

It is time we abandon the blind mysticism of that all relgioun makes us accept blindly and that we truly examine what DID happen.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins