Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Mars UnEarthed: "Tracked Area & Bunker" [Part 2 Of 4]

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Tripp McCann on February 3, 2001 07:08:33 UTC

"Tracked Area

&
Bunker"

[Part 2 or 4]

After seeing the "building" structure with the black circle atop its roof and also what appeared to be strip mining excavation pits, I began examining the rest of the same image in detail. In the North East quadrant of the overall image I found numerous parallel linear features traversing the topography.  After examining the lines in this one area and comparing them with one another I realized these lines were all of a consistent width apart and begin to guess they might be some sort of vehicle tracks -- perhaps the same vehicle responsible for the pit excavations. After tracing these tracks in an attempt to find a point of origin I noted that one set of tracks terminated abruptly at an oddly shaped obstruction which I now believe to be a sort of all terrain vehicle (ATV) with a elevated, squared body and tires more widely spaced than the vehicle body itself, allowing it more stability in the hilly terrain.

The vehicle appears to be photographed from the side and above allowing the two side tires to be visible. The tire on the right  hand edge appears to be turned to the north slightly, thereby allowing the vehicle to circumnavigate the obstruction north of it.  I believe this vehicle is very similar to our "Tundra Buggies"(seen below) which are used to navigate the hostile polar regions .

Tundra Buggy

The image of the "ATV/Buggy" in this area is somewhat pixelated due to the imaging distance removing finer detail which would further clarify it as a vehicle. Despite the loss of detail with pixelation, the rounded shape of tires is evident as is shadowing beneath the buggy and the tires. Also on the buggy roof are two evident whitish bumps. Both the right hand face of the vehicle (front) and the right side facing the camera view, appear to have structuring indicative of windows or portals; this is particularly true of the side facing the camera. There also appears to be a dark shaded linear feature immediately in front of the buggy and paralleling its front, which could conceivably be the blade of a plow.

Other Image
Features

Smoke Stack: Located along the upper left margin of the image is a squat, round structure. The sides of this circular structure appear to have repeating structural detail. Coming from the center of this structure, a dark .. void, is smoke which appears to spiral up vertically and then begin to equalize and spread out, becomes semi-transparent. This smoke travels to the north allowing topographic detail beneath it to still be visible, albeit obscured partially. The smoke itself also casts a shadow with shadow margins also mimicking the smoke cloud itself, as would be expected.

Tech Structure: In the approximate center of the image tracked_area3.jpg there is a feature labeled "Tech Structure' or Technical Structure. This Tech Structure feature is somewhat elongate and its north-eastern end has a whiter albedo making two parallel features appear to be metallic "rails" catching the sunlight. The south-west end of the tech structure appears to be giving off thin, wispy semi-transparent smoke which trails off in a west, north-west direction. This "Tech Structure" has evident tracks on both its eastern and western sides showing the structure itself has had to be circumnavigated by the vehicle.

"Still": South of the "Tech Structure" in tracked_area3.jpg is a feature labeled "Still". This appears to be some sort of spherical tank with support legs and an exhaust aperture atop it giving with apparent steam puffs.. A bulbous tubing appears to be coming out of this tank's western edge. The tubing leaves the tank and then turns to the north, disappearing beneath the surface for a brief distance and then resurfaces at what appears to be a "T" juncture.

Bunker: Occupying a large portion of the south-west quadrant of tracked_area3jpg is a feature I refer to as the Bunker. The face of this bunker is a curved vertical face, facing out in a south-easterly direction. The bunker face is recognized by numerous arced linear paralleling lines of shelves, indentations and edges. The top central edge of this appears to have squared protrusion which rises above the rest of the bunkers face. The lower central portion of the bunker is marked by a pentagonal feature which appears to be a metallic plate situated in the center of the Bunker face and oriented symmetrically to the vertical, with the central point downward. This plate has a darker metallic albedo with possible metallic reflective banding across it. There appear to be regularly placed dark "dots" (bolts?) around this pentagonal plate's borders.

The back portion of the Bunker is highlighted by linear features which I believe to be a supporting beam infrastructure. These beams delineate a roofed area which has a slightly discolored whitish tint from that of the surrounding topography which is not enclosed by this roof. These beams and associated roof lines delineate a main building area with a smaller structure coming off it to the north. This smaller attached structure has only a singular diagonal beam line across its roof. Vehicle "tracks" can be seen ending abruptly at the margin of this smaller roofed area and I believe it may indeed serve as a housing for the "ATV/buggy" itself. (See Image Below).

In the south-west corner of the Tracked_area3.jpg image, there is a feature labeled "Entrance in Bunker Wall". This feature appears to be a darkened portal or access in the shadowed southern face of the bunker.

Squared "Pad" w/ Detailing": North of the Bunker in tracked_area3.jpg is a feature which appears to be a squared pad with a surrounding lip on its outer margins. The inside of this feature has numerous bumps whose detail is likely lost in pixelization. Nevertheless, this pad feature, as the others features shown in this image, has characteristics which define it as highly artificial.

Impressions:
The base topography throughout this image appears to have a consistent white albedo. The evident tracks across this topography may suggest the area could be covered with a precipitation of snow.

Clearly evident in the areas immediately north and south of the bunker, and indeed in other areas throughout the image, are dark patches that seem to be occupied by some sort of foliage. I personally believe this foliage to be deciduous in nature - similar to pine trees. Those areas adjacent to the bunker even show an internal shadowing from this foliage itself. Not surprisingly a recent news item about 12 weeks ago involved discussions of some group involving the "terraforming" of Mars, and how deciduous trees might be among the first things able to grow there.

Tracked Area & Bunker

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins