Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyone Paying Attention To These Images? Anyone Want MORE? (NIM)

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Tripp McCann on February 1, 2001 06:37:16 UTC

Regarding the "door that's ajar": That is presented on my site, Mars UnEarthed under the area heading "The Bunker". This area shows a morphology on a ridge that surrounds and mimics the recessed area.. wwhich i believe to be a portal or doorway. The ridge itself has heightened supports the surround this 'portal" and on close examination you can see that there is a crescent shaped void, as you would expect to be made by a partially opened round door. The shadowing on the ground itself as you retreat into that ridge into the voide shows it is in fact hollow. This is clearly non natural structure..and yet shows a FLOWING in situ or..in place.. construction that we do not employ in any of our own typical construction methods.. though it is used. What can I say.. a round indententation with a crescent void.. what would you make it out to be?

Regarding the "ATV/Buggy", I will share with you my observations on that buggy written alsewhere..and a graphic showing you the effects of pixelizzation or on image detail.

Originally presented on Astronomy B.B HERE

In the North East quadrant of the overall image I found numerous parallel linear features traversing the topography. After examining the lines in this one area and comparing them with one another I realized these lines were all of a consistent width apart and begin to guess they might be some sort of vehicle tracks -- perhaps the same vehicle responsible for the pit excavations. After tracing these tracks in an attempt to find a point of origin I noted that one set of tracks terminated abruptly at an oddly shaped obstruction which I now believe to be a sort of all terrain vehicle (ATV) with a elevated, squared body and tires more widely spaced than the vehicle body itself, allowing it more stability in the hilly terrain.

The vehicle appears to be photographed from the side and above allowing the two side tires to be visible. The tire on the right hand edge appears to be turned to the north slightly, thereby allowing the vehicle to circumnavigate the obstruction north of it. I believe this vehicle is very similar to our "Tundra Buggies"(seen above) which are used to navigate the hostile polar regions .

The image of the "ATV/Buggy" in this area is somewhat pixelated due to the imaging distance removing finer detail which would further clarify it as a vehicle. Despite the loss of detail with pixelation, the rounded shape of tires is evident as is shadowing beneath the buggy and the tires. Also on the buggy roof are two evident whitish bumps. Both the right hand face of the vehicle (front) and the right side facing the camera view, appear to have structuring indicative of windows or portals; this is particularly true of the side facing the camera. There also appears to be a dark shaded linear feature immediately in front of the buggy and paralleling its front, which could conceivably be the blade of a plow.

I dunno louielouie... what do you want? You have evenly spaced parallel tracks traversing a terrain and circumnavigating surface obstacles.. one set of tracks terminates at an object which itself has characteristics implying it may be a vehicle. The tracks themselves are certainly not any sort of natural faulting or fault zones.

This is aerial image analysis... We dont know what we are expected to find.. nor do we have a "knowing' of what these vehicles SHOULD look like.. we only know what we see and what the image's details indicate.

I would have to say i have an extremely HIGH confidence level in this being a VEHICLE on Mars.. It was the first I've found, but not the last. There are what i believe to be 3 other surface vehicles.. and these other 3 all appear to have treadles, like a tank or dozer.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins