Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
What Is A UFO?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Robert May on July 26, 2000 16:57:31 UTC

I get a giggle everytime the UFO nitwits pronounce that they now have the UFO photos that prove that there are UFOs.

The first question is: What is a UFO?
A UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. If you don`t bother to try to identify an object as to what it is, you will always find a lot of UFOs! Quite obvious on the face of it, isn`t it? FWIW, I have not seen an UFO photo that I couldn`t duplicate at anytime without any real problem, with the exception of the workmanship on the "UFO object" photographed. I might also note that with today`s computers, any new photo would have to be proved that it didn`t come out of a computer.

The second question is: After having the crop circles exposed for what they were - a prank - why do people still believe in them?
The crop circles started out with simple circles and have now gotten so complex that the original reason for thier manufacture (landing site for a UFO) has been proven to be a complete nonsense! I might also note that the drawing have gotten so complex in thier construction and the complexity has come as each earlier version gets an "explaination" of what it was. Thus, it can`t be anything but a competition between two groups, one of which thinks it`s serious and one who is having a nice giggle, to outdo the other.

There are a lot more questions but just these two are enough to debunk a lot of the stupidity about UFOs.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins