Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Your Page Is The Best Of The Century - You Ok?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Anti-UFOs on January 12, 2000 22:12:47 UTC

: I have said nothing about the validity of abductee support groups. If you truly like the science area of interstellar flight you'll like my page. Otherwise I don't care if you go elsewhere that you believe is a more scientific area.

UFO abductees post there messages here primarily for attention, for an audience/following. It makes them feel wanted by society, sought after, different/special, it can become a mask or explanation for mental problems/trauma.

How different are you from the abductess by continually posting your pseudo-intellectual warp drive equation links? Miguel Alcubierre's spaceship ideal has serious flaws, you mention that yourself. And yes, I agree - if you can create something that requires the mass of the known universe then you can do anything, and that is ridiculous unless you have a god complex (different debate).

Your formulas are pretty, they are not that different from the drawings of ancient man on cave walls or symbols in the plains of Central & South America. They spark imagination, just like UFO believer's ideas.

Some people are hard at work scientifically searching for life in our solar system and else where. Designing actual physical solutions, instruments, tools, computer programs, communications equipment, language/pattern recognition to look for intelligent life that is not actively hiding from us. For those of you who think invisible intelligent life is watching and hiding from us visit:

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/zephcochrane/warpdrives.html

But beware a coordinate singularity event could crop up, you could be enclosed in a mathematical bubble (warp bubble), blow away by negative energy, sucked down a transverable wormhole, crushed by the top hat function, lost in 4d space, stuck in a known vacuum, shocked by a stress energy tensor. (Please don't tell me you pick up (abduct?) dates this way.

Hollywood is not going to make a movie about this web site, but I do like it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins