Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Saw Something Tonight That Just Isn't Right

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by L Delano/">L Delano on December 26, 1999 00:02:25 UTC

Hello All, I began looking at the night sky about 12 months ago when I bought my 1st house and walk my dog every night. I live near an international airport about 50 miles from the Atlantic Ocean and Kennedy SC. Over the course of these 12 months I became very interested in the night sky and familiar with the aircraft that are obviously landing or taking off here and those that are flying up the coast from the south. I saw 2 lights flying at the same speed in the same direction tonight. I call them lights because they in no way resemble any aircraft lights I ever saw. 1 was slightly ahead of the other. The one trailing had a light that blazed up as though it caught on fire or something 4 times then dimmed down to it's regular light. They were going in an almost straight East direction and I have never seen anything fly in that flight path before. I could have dismissed these 2 lights as some kind of military aircraft but that flashing of light just does not make sense. The space shuttle is currently far from here and there were no rockets launched. All I know is I have looked at the night sky for about a year every night, 2 times a night and have never seen anything like this. Nothing just flares up then dies down over and over. Anybody have any theorys on this?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins