Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Saw Something In The Sky Tonight I Can't Explain

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Apollos on November 23, 1999 20:58:08 UTC

: I was walking my do tonight in the small neighborhood that I live in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. For some unexplainable reason there seemed to be a bright light following us as we walked. I was so fascinated by it that I actually walked around the block twice. About half way into the second lap, the light seemed to come over my head, and then zoom off. I can best explain it as a bright white light with blue and red lights. I could hear no motor. It seemed to be some sort of tracking device. If any one can give me any idea what this may have been it would be much appreciated. Thank you. Apollos here: I notice the fade and Beelzebub are on this forum also. I just dropped by and noticed your note. When I was stationed near Southern Goergia as a soldier, a fellow soldier and I (on duty and out in the middle of the site) noticed two white lights traveling together above our heads at approximately what looked like an 80 to 100 mile distance straight up (and I say that because we were comparing them to the size of the stars nearby in our view, They were larger than the stars by about 2.5x and traveled steady and deliberate, but we heard no sound, even when they took off.); stopped suddenly in the sky, hesitated for about 15 seconds (and as we were about to call them in after we had discussed their appearance and why they stopped above us as they did) they split at a tremendous speed off to the north and the other to the south and dissappeared from above our heads to off the horizon in less than a second. They both looked like streaks in the sky when they took off. I have never taken drugs, or drank, and espescially on duty (for those skeptics). We were perfectly sober and awake. Also, in that area there were reports of incident after incident of the same type of lights in the sky at night. When we began to share our story to the others in our squadron they also agreed that they too had seen many many strange happenings and objects in the sky over that area. Southern Georgia.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins