Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: PLUTO NOT THERE!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Everette on July 2, 1999 16:24:47 UTC

I thought this was a hoax until I told a friend about it and she showed me the same article, and another one in "Telescope". I can't f%$king believe this! The one article said that the orignial discovery of Pluto (which was not that long ago) was probably one of the largest asteroids in the belt, which the magazine called the Helio-belt, and that subsequent sightings have been of several other large asteroids int he same region. thier collective mass has been enought to wobble Neptune's orbit, and since this is how the previous two planets were discovered scientists just assumed "planet". I'm wondering if somewhere some teacher is still telling their students that there are nine plantes, when there are actually only eight!! I tell you, I've always been a little unsure of Pluto myself. Nobody ever seemed to know anything abou tit, or could even produce a decent photograph of it. It's so weird, the way you're whole view of the univers can change.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins