Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Two Stars

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by D. Causton/">D. Causton on June 25, 1999 22:13:40 UTC

Question to anyone who knows about stars? i've seen two stars (which i think are stars) which are quiet close together. What are they? you can see them very clearly on a nice night one slightly larger than the other and they seem to of got larger/brighter.I only noticed them about 5-6 months ago.I don't know alot about stars but i'm sure they were not there before, you can see them from the south-west of the plough, you have to be looking directly at the plough or look at the plough count down it's stars from the start of it, look at the 5th star which forms part of the base of the plough, from the 5th star follow it diagonaly to the left and downwards for quiet a distance and you will come across them. can anyone tell me the names of them or what they are?

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins