Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: I've Seen 4

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Dennis Lane/">Dennis Lane on March 14, 1999 14:54:08 UTC

Well you are definetly lucky to have seen 4 objects but they all have reasonable expilnations.

The light that moved in a circular pathand which little lights could be seen from the outside probably a weather ballon caught in a large, slow moving vortex. The lights were ambient sun light from the high atmosphere that was reflecting of the mettalic balloon. I myself have worked with weather ballons and witnessed such a phenomeon. The time is also important because the sun had not fully set so light was still able to reach the balloon.

Your second observation is a little harder to place down because the description is so brief but in 1996 the pentagon annocounced a top seceret satellite program that has been taking place since the early 80s. In the program satelites would fly in formation around the sky. From the information given i would have to lean towards that explanation.

Your third encounter could any number of things, space junk, a small meteor, or even a dumbing made by an airplane in high atmosphere flight.

You did see something, you saw many rare occasions in sky observations.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins