Back to Home

UFO Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | UFO Discussion and Tracking | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: Amateur Astronomy And UFO's

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Robert Dinse on March 26, 2007 06:14:25 UTC

I believe few amateur astronomers see UFO's because you are looking at such a small slice of the sky at any given time and if they cross your field of view it will be very very brief.

I used to have a telescope and did some star gazing, and never did I see anything in the way of UFO's. Nor actually with the naked eye.

But last August I took a ferry from Edmonds to Kingston Washington and from the boat I took some photos.

I didn't realize it at the time but later while processing the photos I discovered I had captured one in one of the photos.

The UFO was so close to the color and brightness of the sky that it went unnoticed until I used PaintShop Pro's "clarify" function which increases the contrast on relatively low contrast objects such as a blue sky.

Take a look on my ET/UFO blog:

http://www.eskimo.com/~nanook/et/

You will see part of the dock (I took this picture just as we were leaving the dock), and in the upper left you can see the UFO.

You will note the contrast is exaggerated, it would not be very visible without that enhancement.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins