i know there have been posts about the moon landing.....and in responce to this site: www.apfn.org/apfn/moon.htm i would like to point out the inconsistensies these people have made in their points. And they released a $30 dollar video too, just so they can get your money for something so faulty. Personaly, I have no idea whether the moon landing was fake or not, but i can say that these are very bad and faulty points about the subject.
Here is what was posted and my replies to these points.
9 SPACE ODDITIES:
1. Apollo 14 astronaut Allen Shepard played golf on the Moon. In front of a worldwide TV audience, Mission Control teased him about slicing the ball to the right. Yet a slice is caused by uneven air flow over the ball. The Moon has no atmosphere and no air.
This is a joke made by Mission Control, which some people might not understand. The joke is made that he made a slice on the moon, which is scientifically impossible so therefore that is funny. haha, obviously this person didnt get the joke.
2. A camera panned upwards to catch Apollo 16's Lunar Landerlifting off the Moon. Who did the filming?
My reply: the mission left cameras behind after they left the moon. now if this was when the apollo 16 was landing, id question the idea, but it is not.
3. One NASA picture from Apollo 11 is looking up at Neil Armstrong about to take his giant step for mankind. The photographer must have been lying on the planet surface. If Armstrong was the first man on the Moon, then who took the shot?
My reply: the rover possibly? ahh magical machines we have these days.
4. The pressure inside a space suit was greater than inside a football. The astronauts should have been puffed out like the Michelin Man, but were seen freely bending their joints.
My reply: im no physisist and i dont think the person who wrote this one is either...consult expert on space suits for this one.
5. The Moon landings took place during the Cold War. Why didn't America make a signal on the moon that could be seen from earth? The PR would have been phenomenal and it could have been easily done with magnesium flares.
My reply: why in the world would the apollo mission want to think of war in time of such success?
6. Text from pictures in the article said that only two men walked on the Moon during the Apollo 12 mission. Yet the astronaut reflected in the visor has no camera. Who took the shot?
My reply: the suits had cameras in them.
7. The flags shadow goes behind the rock so doesn't match the dark line in the foreground, which looks like a line cord. So the shadow to the lower right of the spaceman must be the flag. Where is his shadow? And why is the flag fluttering if there is no air or wind on the moon?
My reply: with the lousy pictures who can tell about the flag pole. A picture is a still image.....no flag flutters in pictures ever. And the reason its not falling down like a normal flag is because there is no gravity on the moon. So if someone put up the flag and held it out, it would stay that way.
8. How can the flag be brightly lit when its side is to the light? And where, in all of these shots, are the stars?
My reply: how can you tell if it's to the light? what kind of film was used to photograph this? If the shutter was not open for long enough it would not catch the light of the starts...since they are aufly far away those stars.
9. The Lander weighed 17 tons yet the astronauts feet seem to have made a bigger dent in the dust. The powerful booster rocket at the base of the Lunar Lander was fired to slow descent to the moons service. Yet it has left no traces of blasting on the dust underneath. It should have created a small crater, yet the booster looks like it's never been fired.
considering there is no gravity, the lander would not weight 17 tons on the moon (on earth yes). the force needed would be far less.
so, if you have ur own comments, for or agaist those i have put here, please write back.