Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Why, Luke Put This In The Wrong Forum??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Jason Oliphant on September 6, 2004 23:22:47 UTC

To Luke (and everyone else):

This forum is labeled ‘observations’ for a reason. One would be directed here, as I am to find out what is observable and what people can see with various astronomical equiptment. Others might come to ask a broader community what they may have seen or what has recently been found. One might, I suppose also come here, curious about what an object looks like or the significance of some subtle feature they have seen.

Unfortunately, there has been little activity here; I am guilty here as well—not posting observations when I suppose I could. I would be interesting to get more involvement, here. I could think of many interesting observations that would be interesting reading reading—anyone recently seen the supernova in the bright galaxy 2403 or mcneils nebula in M78?

Respectively luke, you theory has nothing to do with all this- it is irrelevant to the forum. Moreover you are just a few keyclicks away-- on this very site, astronomy.net has a forum marked ‘misc’ that would be the perfect forum for this engaging unique theory of astronomy.

Why, luke, put it in the wrong forum??- anyone reading here would likely not be interested in theories about the beginning of the universe. Its sad enough that few if any people still post here—isn’t it worse that the only posts left have nothing to do with what the forum is about.

Your theory is not objectionable and you have not yet made an inappropriate request for money—so I’m not going to officially complain. But I’m asking luke and calling the wider community; can’t we fill this forum up with the interesting astronomical observations? Rather than material that isn’t relevant here.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins