Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
A Little Story

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Guillaume Détretat on February 22, 2003 22:49:49 UTC

Today, I said to my Girlfriend : "Last night, I saw an UFO".

Silence is a strong reply.

That's funny. When you say "UFO", people hears "E.T."
I may be wrong but UFO means Unidentified Flying Object. Last night I saw a bright little star moving quickly in the sky and I just couldn't identify what it was so I call it an UFO, just for fun.

This object started approximately from Alpha [13] Aurigia (Capella) and vanished one second later near Epsilon [45] Perseus. It was nearly as bright as Capella (mag. : 0.1). Of course, I'm making approximation for I wasn't looking right in the direction.
This object didn't seem to be a peeble buring in high atmosphere : there was no tail, nothing but a bright little dot.
I think that was an artificial satellite wandering around the Earth but I never saw this kind of object shining so bright, moving so fast and vanishing so quickly. "I never saw that" doesn't mean that it is not possible, I just wonder... softly.
Maybe someone else saw it.

Date : Febuary 22 2003
Local Time : 2h23 am
Universal Time : 1h23 am

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins