Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Item Of The Night

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on October 8, 2002 13:37:30 UTC

I knew I'd forget something. The item of the night was quite unusual. All of a sudden, here's this green something in the sky, moving quit fast. Everyone on the field saw it. "What's the heck is that?" from every where. Then the usual, "UFO...UFO...UFO" from those who are very quick to assume that. Actually, for a moment, it was an actual UFO, Unidentified Flying Object. Again, UFO does not stand for Alien Space Ship, that's Language Removed. A quick look through the binos or a small telescope reviled the true nature of a UFO. Someone released 2 black helium balloons with a green glowstick tied to it. Very good! Pretty funny. It wins item of the night.
That's it;
BOB SAL
PS. I'm not giving it item of the night to start of trend of this sort of thing. Once is funny, that's it.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins