Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Found It - I Think - Pretty Sure

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Glenn Muller on August 12, 2002 16:39:33 UTC

Friday night, actually Saturday morning about 1 am, my chart software showed it as forming a nice triangle with the tip of Capricornus and another bright star. At 58x it was appreciably bigger and brighter than the other stars and had a rounded look to it - I claimed it.

While I'm here, I'll tell you that Starfest (Mount Forest) was a blast! Nearly 1200 amatuer astronomers showed up, many with 2 or 3 scopes.
It ran from Aug. 8 - 11, but those that came as early as the 6th were treated to clear skies right through. Only Saturday night did the horizon and the southern sky get washed out with streaky clouds and/or heat haze. When I get the pictures back I will put up a comprehensive web page on our experiences, and post the URL on this forum for those who want to check it out.

Glenn

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins