Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Thanks.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on June 10, 2002 18:07:07 UTC

The surgery went well. I have some pain now but after a few more weeks it should be OK. I couldn't stand for more than 3 hrs. at a time for the last 9 months or so. This should fix the problem. Battery, I bought two of the 17 AMP HR ones in the Orion catalog. After one year, one will no longer hold a charge. At $110 each I was not happy with that. So now I got the Deep Cycle Marine Battery from Wal-Mart. $40, 75 AMP HR and $40 for the recharger. Works great. I've used it 2 nights in a row for a total of around 18 HRs and it was still 75% full when I went to rechange it. As far as Dew goes, I got the small hair dryer from Orion. You can attache a second set of clips to the battery and use the dryer when you need it. At like $13 it works great. When the plate fogs up, it takes about 1 minute to dry it off. And your good to go agin. I've never had to dry it more than twice in one night. Did you get the Dew Cap? Does the new GPS come with the cord to plug into the battery or the wall socket?
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

• :) - musca - June 12, 2002 - 13:46 UTC
Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins