Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
I Think You Can

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by L Madia on May 17, 2002 04:20:11 UTC

Hi Thom,

Nice report. I'm glad you have had a bit of good weather. In West Virginia we have had cloudy skys for a good while. I did get a chance to get out a few times to see the planetary gathering, but more times than not the weather didn't coop.

The other night I had Venus and Mars in the 25mm, it was a wonderful view. A few weeks back I had the Moon and Mars in the same fov of my 40mm.

Like you, I also have a Tasco, a 114mm reflecter. I upgraded the eps to GTO standard plossls, I went with a 9mm, 15mm, 25mm, 40mm, and a shorty barlow from celstron. I still use the sr4mm that came with the scope. I am very satisified.....

Concerning your question, I'm not an expert, but I believe I saw a mount in the Orion catalog called the Steadypix. It is supposed to hold almost any camera up to the eyepiece of any telescope. Listed price is $34.95.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins