Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Disapearing Moon

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by L Madia on May 12, 2002 02:37:58 UTC

Hi,

I finally got out last night 5/10/02 as I have been unable to do so for about a week due to weather. It was about 9:30 went I set up on the back porch which has a good view of the western sky. From there I can just wait on the objects to come into view. I had my Tasco 114mm with the following ep's: 40mm, 25mm, 15mm, 9mm, and a celsestron shorty barlow. The ep's are all GTO stadard plossls.

I started with Venus and got a very nice view that planet and Mars in the same FOV when using the 25mm. I even managed to get the two planets in the 15mm, but the view was better in the 25mm. I spent some time observing this wonderful event.

I next went to Jupiter and at first thought two of the moons were so close that when using the 25mm I could not get seperation. I went to the 15mm and even to the 9mm, but nothing. I barlowed the 15 and the distortion was too great. I scanned the area and no moon. I suppose the moon was behind the planet.

I next looked for m35, but couldn't find that cluster. I later when using my software I realized I was looking in the wrong spot. By the time I learned of my mistake the cluster was too low to the horizon to observe.

I next went to m44 and easily found that cluster. I used the 40mm and moved to the 25mm. I explored the cluster's various stars for a good time till I realized it was getting late. I packed up the scope and came in.

All around good night.

Lenny

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins