Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Back Porch View

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by L Madia on April 16, 2002 05:01:49 UTC

Hi,

I went out tonight 4/15/02 on the back porch facing west approx 8:30 and observed Venus, Mars, the Moon, Saturn, and later in the night Jupiter.

I got a good view with my 40mm of the Moon and Mars together. Really good look. Turning towardt Saturn I observed the casinni division at 100x using the 9mm and also picked up a slight dark line on the Planet possibly a ring shadow at that same power.

By the time Jupiter came into view it was getting hazy. Could see the planet best with the 15mm. Anything above that and the distortion was too much. Best I could see was the NEB and the SEB with a little detail below the SEB.

Great time in West Virginia USA,

Lenny

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins