Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Too Cold And Late

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by L Madia on March 5, 2002 05:36:17 UTC

I had a business meeting to attend an a home visit. (I am a minister by night and a fraud investigator for the state by day. The person I visited lives out in the country and as i looked up at the night sky I could not believe the difference. Note only could I clearly see Orion, but I could locate the Orion Nebula with the naked eye. At home I have to find the Nebula by guising it's location.

By the time I got home it was late and very cold. I gave a thought to going out, dressing warm, but the by then Orion was hid behind my neibor's house along with many other celestual objects. Cool down time would have been about 1/2 hr minimum and it all didn't add up.

As far as the Tasco is concerned I am also considering the purchase of better ep's, I just can't make up my mind which brands to buy. The generic brands such a GTO etc have good reps and per many reviews compare favoribly to bette rname brands.

Don't know how much more I can do as I have a very busy schedule this week. Talk to you later....and thanks for the website.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins