Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Arlington TX

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Thom Bolin on February 28, 2002 18:32:26 UTC

Bob,

Been to SixFlags several times, during the summer and at the special events they have. ScreamFest in Oct., Holiday in the Park, Dec.

Don't recall if you ever mentioned having kids but it is real good time with or without them. They have some new coasters there that are great. My 10yr daughter just started enjoying roller coasters so we are headed there this summer for sure.

While in the area you can visit The BallPark in Arlington to the Texas Rangers Play, it is just across the parking lot from SixFlags. There is a water park across the highway, I think SixFlags owns it, so your pass may work there as well. Not too far from FortWorth. There is a great Science Place there with an Imax and all kinds of cool stuff for kids.

They also have a starparty last Friday of every month.

Thanks for the invite and clear skies. Keep the reports coming that keep me going when I can't make it out, either from clouds or kids.

bolintx

PS: I don't think my Tasco would put on much of a show... or I would invite you up North.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins