Back to Home

Astronomy Discussion Forums

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
That Was Nice

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Bob Sal on February 20, 2002 16:42:49 UTC

Did you put that out there just for me cause I asked? How's that tent, crowded? I put up 3 9x12 tarps on 4x4 posts to block the street lights. Works good. Lets me give you a few items to look for if you haven't see these yet. They are pretty easy. Of course if you can still see Andromeda early, look for M31, m32 and M110. While your there, take a look at the double star Gamma Andromeda. It's a beautiful orange and blue star. In CV there's lots of good stuff. M51 and it's companion, M94 just about the brightes galaxy in the sky and M63 also very nice. Try in Leo M64/65 another very nice pair. Half way between Arcturus in Bootes and Alpha CV look for the globular cluster M3, very impressive. In CB look for the globular M53, not as impressive as M3 but still nice and the Galaxy M64 is close by also. In general look for all the Messier (M) objects on the charts. They are all in reach of a 4 1/2" reflector. There are plenty of NGC's as well. Good Luck.
That's it;
BOB SAL

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins