Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
LX3 Computer Control??

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Mertens on March 5, 2005 08:50:22 UTC

I'm not sure this is possible as the LX3 has a synchronous motor drive. I beleive the Autostar software is made for step motors.

I own an LX3 that I bought 20 years ago when I was in the US. Coming back to Europe I hooked it to the power and blowed the electronics inside the base. Reason US is 110V 60Hz, Europe is 220V 50Hz power.
So for years I used it in manual but for photographing the sky it is not that practical.
So I decided a month ago to remake the entire electronic in an external box. I had trouble finding one component circuit the MM5369AAN 17 Stage Oscillator/Divider no longer produced by National Semiconductor. Fortunately I found in Ireland a company that still had those in stock. The cristal was still ok otherwise I would have been in big trouble.
Now my scope is back to live and I can enjoy it again.
For details just respond to this and I'll send them via e-mail.

Jean

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins