Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Re: New Baader Filters

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Filipowski on December 24, 2003 12:53:49 UTC

Wow!

These are new animals! I have not had a chance to chesk them out - YET! I can only speak with experience on the Neodymium Contrast Booster. Which is great. Baader is a solid German firm with a long reputation for innovation in filter technology and blow doors on the other available filters out there, though they are in a tight heat with Sirius filters. But a good Skyglo-type filter in combination with either their contrast booster or their fring filter would likely be an excellent combination for both killing city lights and disposing of the efeects of chromatic aberration. But again, as I've said before, the chromatic in the f9.3 AR-5 is negligable to start with. I find myself rarely rummaging through my filter collection to find one.

So bottom line: Experiment and post your own findings. You the Man now! Have fun!!

Dave

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins