Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Total Newbie Needing Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Chris on September 28, 2003 03:08:29 UTC

Hows it going, I have just received 2 16" starfinder dobsonians. They were in a houses that flooded, and the bottom 14" or so was sitting in water for a good day. The damage is minimal and mainly to the particle board base. I will be fabricating new bases for them shortly.

I did however assemble one completely to try to check some stuff out. Now this is something I have always wanted to do, but know nothing about. Anyway, I look through the scope, but see nothing =). I would figure since this guy sees planets when I looked through it to the stars that I would see "deep space". It seemed I was only seeing the sky, I mean, I looked everywhere, but stars just looked like stars.

I aimed it today across a river, thinking if this thing can see Jupiter, I should be able to make any face over the marina out, but I cant, I see ppl, and dogs, and boats, but it just looks like I am looking through high power binoculars.

I want to see some planets, where do I start. Any help is appreciated. BTW the eye pieces I have are 25mm, 12mm, and 9mm.

-Chris

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins