Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
LX50 Chips All Gone?!

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Rod Hutson on September 6, 2003 07:26:22 UTC

I got through to Meade Tech Support this afternoon to discover that there are no LX50 Chips left for upgrading old units... and that going from the Magellan II V1.6 to V2.x means buying a new unit!!

I've been away from my scope for a few years due to other parts of my life interferring, but now I'm back and can't believe Meade abandoned me and my six year old equipment (bought scope from Meade dealer in June 1997).

The tech I talked to couldn't even tell me what exactly the LX50 chip upgrade provided over the older chip.

For that matter, he couldn't even tell me if my chip is old or new... after the call, I read that the older chips only blinked the LX50 LED twice before going solid, but mine blinks 3-4 times. The label on the chip is 35-4000-12. Is this an old chip or a new chip?

So - does anyone out there have a "new" LX50 Chip, or a V2.x Magellan II, they might want to sell me?

Geez... talk about "you snooze, you lose"!
Rod
_______

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins