Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
New To Hobby + Sat Traking With ETX + What To Buy.

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Peter Noakes on August 18, 2003 12:23:05 UTC

Like most people I was bought a department store scope as a kid. Now I'm abit older with abit more money at my disposal, I'm looking to get back into the hobby.

I already track satellites using my PC as a tracker, software used is Satscape & typical weather down load setup.

I'm looking to buy an ETX-105 or 90. This is mainly down to the reviews I have read, the portable design of the unit & the bang for buck ratio. My budget really is no more than £500 initially, but I am willing to buy accessories in the near future.

I have read from the Meade website that you are able to track satellites as long as you have an upto date keplerian database. Has anyone one done this & what was the outcome?

Although it would be nice to view sats via the scope this is not the main reason for buying. So with the information above is this the best telescope for the job?

Any advice would be great, thanks.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
    Additional Information
    Google

Web www.astronomy.net
    DayNightLine
    About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
    Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
    Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
    "dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
    are trademarks of John Huggins