Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
ETX90 - Newbie Needs Some Help

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Shon on August 13, 2003 07:36:30 UTC

Hi all,

I just got an EXT90 wih UHTC and used it for the first time tonight. I live in downtown San Francisco so light polution is pretty bad but the skies have been very clear as of late. Anyway, I got some less than favorable results tonight while trying to view several stars. The problem is they look just about the same in the scope as they do with the naked eye! I assume this is a lense issue. My understanding was that the ETX90 should be able to see a decent level of detail in a variety of objects. I'll probably buy the special lens kit that Meade is offering for $99 and see what that gives me. But I'm wondering what the essential extras are to make this scope more fun with far off objects.

Any info is appreciated.

-Shon

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins