Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Meade 114AZ

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Josh on August 2, 2003 22:05:30 UTC

My wife has a Meade 114AZ. She has had it for years, but really has never used it. This telescope has gone through about 5 moves and I believe the mirror has shifted. Not the big bottom mirror, the small one that reflects into the eyepiece. (As you can tell, I am definitely a newbie at this). I have sat out on numerous nights trying to get it into focus, but no luck. Does anyone know of a simple way (or any way) to get this thing into focus? We don't have the instruction manual and with the Mars deal going on, we would love to see it. We have tried to find things in the past but just ended up getting frustrated (because of the focus). Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are in Germany right now and the option of taking it to someone to do it for us is not there. Thanks!!!

Josh

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins