Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Having Trouble Focusing On My New LX200 12"

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Louis on May 16, 2003 10:33:26 UTC

I just recieved my new Meade LX200 GPS 12" UHTC telescope last week and when I went to look at the full moon I had a hard time getting as sharp of an image as I did on my Meade ETX125. What am I doing wrong. Is it the scope? Could shipping damages have anything to do with it? Or what? It seems as though when I turn the focus knob The image shifts to the left and the image begins to shapen, but not well enough.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I'm kind of embarrassed about this....focusing a scope is one of the easier parts of astronomy I should think.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins