Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
More On Accessories

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by David Filipowski on April 21, 2003 00:34:03 UTC

Regarding a dust seal and filter for the rear cell of your 12" Lx200 GPS, I can heartily recommend the Eye-Opener made by Peterson Engineering as probably the best of the litter. It is a full 2" piece of excellent glass at a very reasonable price. Check one out at:
http://www.scopestuff.com
As for what is being raved about as the best narrow band filter on the market, and the same price as the others, is the relative newcomer from Astronomiks of Germany. With 99% transmission compared with 90-96% transmission of the others, and the fact that the coatings are part of the glass itself, this is a winning combination. Also it explains why they come with a 5 year warranty. These are available from Adirondack Video in NY state. I use their H-beta filter and am thoroughly impressed. I'm hoping to have an accident with the narrow band I currently have so I have an excuse to buy one!

Clear Skies!

Dave

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins