Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Autostar Vs. Magellan

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Eric Stinson on April 14, 2003 22:43:09 UTC

I'm about to buy my first scope and I've decided to buy an 8" scope. Based on my budget, I decided on the 8" LXD55 SC-8. Howeer, I have an opportunity to buy a 10" LX-50 with the Magellan II computer. I want a "Go-To" but I understand the Magellan is a "Push-to". Can someone please give me some specific, concise directions on how to use the Magellan and how it basically differs from the Autostar? How reliable is the Magellan? Is this system becoming obsoleted by Meade? Will I have to tinker with it constantly? I live in a very dark subdivision, so I think I can take advantage of the extra light capability from the LX-50.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins