Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Share Your LX200GPS Learnings?

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Gordon Williams on March 18, 2003 01:27:43 UTC

G'day,

Interesting posts on the LX200GPS 10". I have just purchased one and will gladly share the trials of sorting out a new device, especially since my experience is limited to low end refractors. I plan to buy a CCD as well, but hope to connect a Nikon 5700 first up. Any ideas cheerfully accepted.

Living in the southern hemisphere, in the outback of Western Australia, I hope to make use of skies that are blacker than the inside of a kangaroo. The challenge of polar alignment will be a good one, I reckon. Oh for the days of living in Canada and working in the Arctic, where Polaris held sway !

I was particularly interested in the polar alignment issue and the negatives re the field rotator, as orion is nearly straight up !
Glad I didn't buy it just yet.

To the fella in Sydney, hope to hear of your successes with the LX.

Cheers.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins