Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Meade 12" Starfinder Equatorial

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Ray on February 20, 2003 05:31:41 UTC

Hi, everyone!

I called into a store today and the salesperson told me that they have a Meade 12" Starfinder Equatorial telescope for sale at $500 since it's a floor model.

The most biggest eye-popper was when the sales rep told me that the OTA (tube) was only 48" in length. The scope has a f/4.8.

Has anyone heard of a Meade 12" Starfinder Equatorial telescope before? I've searched all over the Internet but found only Meade 12.5" Starfinder Dobsonian telescopes. Maybe the sales rep made a 0.5" mistake. But is 48" length too short to be true? If anyone has any experience on the Meade 12" Starfinder Equatorial telescope, please let me know what you think of this scope. For $500, it sounds like a good bargain to me. But then again, there may be some serious design flaws that I'm not aware of.

Many thanks!!!
Ray

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins