Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
LX90 ? Right Fork

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by cluleynd on January 23, 2003 15:33:56 UTC

I am a new LX90 owner and I stupidly stood on the power cord while the scope was slewing. I seriously damaged the electric cord?s socket on the right fork and the scope?s electronics now will not work either on the power cord (no way to plug it in to the scope) or on batteries.

I removed the two screws at the bottom of the fork and the axis knob ? but the fork?s cover did not seem to loosen. I hesitate to remove the four screws on the inside of the fork without knowing whether they do more than just hold the fork?s cover together.

Any advice on how to open-up the right fork so that I can repair the damage to the power cord socket will be greatly appreciated.

Norman C - - Medford, NJ

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins