Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
Problem With New Lx200GPS

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics
Posted by Mike Salam on January 4, 2003 06:40:31 UTC

HI all,

Recieved my 12in Lx200GPS a couple of weeks ago and am having a problem with the scope in RA. When using the manual RA know, as the back of the scope comes over the computer panel (about a 30 degree "pie" slice) the manual gear knob does not mesh with the gear that is on the base of the scope. I can lightly hold the manual RA knob and still rotate the scope by hand as the gears miss completely. As the scope is rotated out of the 30 degree slice the gears start to mesh but the gears have to be forced to re-mesh. When using the hand controller there seems to be no problem slewing. I'm assuming that there is a different worm gear being used when using the hand box. The manual RA geas again "clash" when I slew with the hand box as the scope rotates thru the 30 degree slice.

Has anyone had this problem? Can I somehow disconnect the manual RA gear? I think I have to send the scope back to Meade.

Cheers,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins