Back to Home

Meade Forum Message

Forums: Atm · Astrophotography · Blackholes · Blackholes2 · CCD · Celestron · Domes · Education
Eyepieces · Meade · Misc. · God and Science · SETI · Software · UFO · XEphem
RSS Button

Home | Discussion Forums | Meade Equipment Discussion | Post
Login

Be the first pioneers to continue the Astronomy Discussions at our new Astronomy meeting place...
The Space and Astronomy Agora
My Garage Causes Problems

Forum List | Follow Ups | Post Message | Back to Thread Topics | In Response To
Posted by Daniel Johnson on November 19, 2002 15:59:32 UTC

I've tried getting reception inside my wooden garage. It doesn't seem to work, even with the garage door open. However, presumably you'll be able to open your dome roof to some extent, which may help, since you may have a direct line of sight with the satellites then. The worst that could happen is that you'll have to enter the date/time/location by hand. You always have that option. That's what the non-GPS LX200 owners always have to do. And since your location won't change, you'll really just have to enter the date and time.
Reception at times is rapid, and at other times touchy. Some nights I've had to rotate the fork so that the arm with the GPS receiver is upward! Nevertheless, I do love the GPS. Love it! I also have a 90mm ETX with Autostar, and it is surprisingly easy in the dark and cold to screw up the simple step of entering the date and time correctly, even though the keypad makes it simple to do.

Follow Ups:

Login to Post
Additional Information
Google

Web www.astronomy.net
DayNightLine
About Astronomy Net | Advertise on Astronomy Net | Contact & Comments | Privacy Policy
Unless otherwise specified, web site content Copyright 1994-2024 John Huggins All Rights Reserved
Forum posts are Copyright their authors as specified in the heading above the post.
"dbHTML," "AstroGuide," "ASTRONOMY.NET" & "VA.NET"
are trademarks of John Huggins